Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. In these Terms & Conditions, except where the context otherwise requires:
a. “Client”, “you”, or “your” means the individual(s) who has accepted or proposes to accept products or services by Indigo;
c. “Core Programmes” mean all regular classes, courses, workshops and programmes developed, offered and conducted by Indigo and/or its Staff for the Student during each Term other than the Holiday Programmes or Special Programmes;
d. “Course Materials” means all materials, documents, worksheets, or instruments (whether in physical or digital copy) used, distributed or otherwise circulated in relation to the Student’s enrolment with Indigo under the Core Programmes, Holiday Programmes or Special Programmes, including but not limited to all audio or video recordings of classes, and quizzes/tests and activities held in respect thereof;
e. “Class” or “Classes” whether or not such term has been capitalised, mean all classes, courses, workshops and programmes and conducted by Indigo and/or its Staff for the Student, in respect of the Core Programmes, Holiday Programmes or Special Programmes;
f. “Holiday Programmes” and “Special Programmes” mean all classes, courses, workshops and programmes developed, offered and conducted by Indigo and/or its Staff for the Student, independent and outside of the Core Programmes;
g. “Infectious Disease” means the definition assigned to it under the Infectious Disease Act (Chapter 137) of Singapore;
h. “Parents” mean the parents of the Student and any person or guardian who has or has accepted parental or legal responsibility for the Student. Parents are responsible, individually and jointly, for complying with their obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
i. “Personal Data” means the definition assigned to it under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, and shall include any data about you, the Parents or Student, who can be identified from that data and/or other information to which Indigo has or is likely to have access to.
j. “Programmes” whether or not such term has been capitalised, mean the Core Programmes, Special Programmes and Holiday Programmes, and “Programme” shall mean any one of them;
k. “Registration Form” refers to Indigo’s registration form pursuant to which the Student is enrolled in Indigo;
l. “Services” means the classes, courses, workshops and programmes developed, offered and conducted by Indigo and/or its Staff for the Student under the Contract, and shall include the Core Programmes, Special Programmes and Holiday Programmes;
m. “Staff” means any officer, teacher (whether permanent or temporary), employee, agent, service provider, representative or contractor of Indigo, whether located in Singapore or outside of Singapore;
n. “Student” means the individual(s) who is the recipient of Services provided by Indigo;
o. “Term” means each period of the academic year during which Indigo regularly conducts classes;
p. “Terms & Conditions” mean the terms and conditions contained herein and applicable to the provision of all Services;
q. “Indigo”, "we", "us" or "our" means Indigo Group and its affiliates; and
r. “Indigo Group” refers to the Indigo Group Entities collectively;
s. “Indigo Group Entity” refers to Indigo or any other corporation related to them by way of section 6 of the Companies Act Cap. 50.
2. These Terms & Conditions apply to the provision of all Services by Indigo to the Student upon the engagement of the Client, and are to be complied with by the Client, Parents and Student at all times and are deemed incorporated in the engagement of Indigo and the provision of the Services. Indigo may revise these Terms & Conditions and the Client, Parent and Student shall continue to be subject to such Terms & Conditions as amended, modified and/or substituted by Indigo from time to time and published on Indigo’s website at www.indigo.com.sg. The utilisation and continued utilisation (upon an amendment, modification and/or substitution of the Terms & Conditions) of the Services by the Student shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the Client, Parents and Student whether or not the Terms & Conditions (and any subsequent amendment, modification and/or substitution) are signed and returned to Indigo by the Client.
3. The headings in these Terms & Conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation hereof.
4. All fees must be paid before the commencement of classes:
a.One-time Registration Fee: $50.00, Deposit Fee: $100.00
b.Course Fee: Based on number of lessons for the current term.
c.Course Fee for students joining during the term will be pro-rated. Students who sign up during the last 5 weeks of the current term will need to pay the next term fee together with the current term fee.
5. Registration fee and course fee will be subjected to GST at the prevailing rates. The registration fee and course fee are NON-REFUNDABLE.
6. Fees are collected on term-basis and are due 2 weeks before the start of term.
7. Late payment: The Centre reserves the right to impose a late payment fee of $10.00 per week for overdue payment.
8. We accept NETS, Scan & Pay, cash or cheque. Cheques must be crossed and made payable to “Indigo Education Centre Pte. Ltd.”/ “Making Sense Tuition Centre Pte. Ltd./ Math Academia Tuition Centre Pte. Ltd./Indigo Geography Tuition Centre Pte. Ltd.” Please write the student’s full name, mobile phone number, subject and level legibly at the back of the cheque.
9. Strictly “No Suspension” policy for all Students enrolled with any entities stated in clause 5 except for those with valid reasons (medical surgery/conditions, Olympics or representing School to participate).
All suspension applications are subjected to the Management’s final approval on a case by case basis.
There is no fee payable for the first suspension application. A fee
of $32.10 is chargeable for the second suspension application.
10. Students are obliged to do replacement lessons within the week or request for online lessons if they missed their schedule due to medical leave or other personal reasons. Failure to attend scheduled lesson will not constitute a credit note to be issued from the entities stated in
11. No immediate withdrawal is allowed upon return from suspension. Any immediate withdrawal during or within 30 days after Suspension period would result in forfeiture of deposit and cancellation of credit notes issued.
Refer to withdrawal clause section for withdrawal matters.
12. Students are required to submit a completed Withdrawal Form to the front desk staff at least 4 lesson weeks in advance (excluding the Centre year break). Deposit will be forfeited if students have not given advance notice of 4 lesson weeks. The registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
13. Students absent for three or more weeks without informing the Centre will be considered as having withdrawn from the course and the deposit will be forfeited. Re-registration with a fee of $50 is required to resume lessons. Top up of 4 lesson weeks is mandatory from withdrawal date
14. For graduating students (Sec 4 Exp/JC 2) who signed up for Term 3, there would strictly be no refund for any unutilized lessons.
15. *For Orange/Red Package students, the registration fee and course fee are NON-REFUNDABLE. Students who signed up for Orange/Red Package programme(s) are not allowed to switch to other programme(s).
16. For students who do not provide adequate notice of 4 lesson weeks for withdrawal, deposit will be forfeited, and they are also required to top up to 4 lesson weeks’ notice.
17. Formal withdrawal form must be submitted with all information complete otherwise the student continues to be liable for the subsequent term fees until formal withdrawal form has been submitted.
18 *For Orange/Red Package students & Modular programme students, the registration fee and course fee are NON-REFUNDABLE. Students who signed up for Orange/Red Package programme(s) or Modular programme(s) are not allowed to switch to other programme(s).
Absenteeism / Replacement lessons
19. *The allowance for replacement lesson is not an entitlement. Lesson missed may be replaced only during the allotted timeslots within the term. Replacement lessons may be carried forward to the following term only provided if the student continues the course with the Centre and subject to the approval of the Director of Curriculum Studies. Students are responsible for making arrangement with the Centre for replacement lessons. Students who fail to do so may not be able to attend the replacement class. In our rescheduling for replacement lessons, priority is given to students who registered a day before the start of replacement lesson. If it is not possible to attend the replacement classes, there will strictly be NO REFUND of fees for lessons missed.
20. *The Centre reserves the discretion to conduct general replacement classes on public holidays or school holidays. If it is not possible to attend the replacement classes, there will strictly be NO REFUND of fees for lessons missed. However, materials for lesson(s) missed will be provided in the next lesson.
*There will be NO replacement lesson conducted and NO refund of lesson fee if the Centre is closed due to contagious diseases or adverse weather condition e.g. SARS, Covid 19 or haze.
21. All learning materials, including notes, worksheet, case studies etc. are copyrighted and strictly for personal use and NOT for sharing or sale by any means.
Voice and video recording is strictly NOT allowed during lesson. Legal action will be taken against any students who violate this copyright or no recording agreement.
Personal Data Protection
22. I hereby give my clear and unambiguous consent to receive from the Centre promotional and marketing messages via phone calls, SMS/MMS/ Whatsapp (text message), faxes, emails and mailers.
23. I hereby give my clear and unambiguous consent for the Centre to collect, use and disclose my personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act. Please refer to our website (www.indigo.com.sg) for our Personal Data Protection Policy.
24. The Centre shall not be required to provide services to abusive students or parents and shall be entitled to terminate the contract without refund upon the occurrence of such incidents.
25. The Centre reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without notice. Reasonable steps will be taken to inform students of such changes.
26. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore.
27. The Centre reserves the right to change the teacher at its own discretion.
28. Scheduled classes will only commence with a minimum of 6 students. If the number of students in a class falls below 6, the Centre has the right to dissolve the class or to merge with other class.
29. The Centre must be kept informed always of any changes in a student’s or parent’s particulars, e.g. address, contact numbers etc.
30. The Centre reserves the right to postpone or reschedule any lessons due to any circumstances.
31. The Centre shall NOT bear responsibility for the loss of valuables or injuries sustained which happen in the Centre’s premises.
32. The Centre shall not be required to provide services to abusive students or parents and shall be entitled to terminate the contract without refund upon the occurrence of such incidents.
33. The Centre reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without notice. Reasonable steps will be taken to inform students of such changes.
34. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore.
35. All credits purchased are valid for a specific number of weeks corresponding to the number of credits purchased.
36. For Graduating students, credits purchased which remained unused will expire by end of Term 3 of the academic year and be forfeited by end of Term 3. There will not be any refund or credit notes issued for unused credits.
37. Please be reminded that all credits purchased will expire by end of the specified number of weeks according to the number of credits purchased. There will not be any extension of expiry period.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
38. The Contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
39. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Contract must first be negotiated in good faith between the parties with a view to a resolution of such dispute. Each of the parties hereto irrevocably agrees that, if the dispute is not resolved within 30 days of the date of the dispute first arising, the courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceeding and to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the Contract and, for such purposes, irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
40. All disputes and the resolution of such disputes (whether conducted through negotiation, litigation or otherwise) shall be strictly private and confidential between the parties.
Contact Us For Further Enquiries